Sunday 17 February 2013

Sea Test

A brief to be done in a week. A way to animate the sea.
I started this project by...well heading down to the sea.





I also took some reference footage.
I then went home and got stuck into some history of art books to see how artists portray the sea in 2d. I chose to look at Turner and Monet. When looking at these artists I liked the idea of animating the sea through washed of painted colour stop motioned.

I also looked at a 2d animated music video I previously saw at Bradford film festival. 


I really liked how they showed the water moving through lines and I wanted to incorporate this into my animation.
I then did some tests with paint. different styles, scratching into the paint etc. I used my references for colours.


I decided to paint the sea and then on photoshop draw the lines of the waves over the top. Much like the music video but more stylised. This was the Sea test outcome.


I am pleased with it but feel it needs more frames.



No comments:

Post a Comment