Sunday 3 February 2013

photoshop painting

Recently I have become more and more interested into painting in photoshop. Today I have been speed painting a woodland concept. Learning about light and using different brushes in photoshop has been pretty fun. I already have used a lot of photoshop in the passed so it didn't take to long to get the grasp of it. What was hard was transferring my skills I would use when painting to use in a digital painting.
i used 3 different photographs of woodland as research for colour and trees








I also found this interesting article on being a texture artist. I was intrigued what it meant and after reading the article it kind of reminds me of painting a set for the theatre. I think I will look into this further as I really enjoyed making textures e.g rust. In scenic painting.

http://www.brownbagfilms.com/blog/a-day-in-the-life-of-an-animation-texture-artist

No comments:

Post a Comment