Sunday 9 February 2014

"You said, We did" animation for the FXU (Falmouth uni student union)

So i've been researching and coming up with concepts for a animation/ series of animations I am doing for the FXU. The client gave me a 3 page document of the info that need to be in the animation, told me that each animation needs to be 3-4 min and let me pretty much run free with concepts.

Due to the particual info they have previded me with I thought a public service style animation would be perfect for it. Using infographic techniques and using illustrator for making the assets and after effects for animating and ocmpositing.

Research:
:

I haven't used much of illustrator before and i'm pretty much a newbie in After Effects, so i'm challenging myself to basically learn them by using them in this project.

So far i've come up with a few ideas for different parts of the title and first few points in the script. I drew out my ideas for assets to then make into vector graphics.



I then came up with a colour palette that I feel represents the FXU's colours and falmouth.


And I have just started to make some assets in illustrator.They are taking some time because i'm quite a novice so i'm really experimenting with different techniques. Here are a few:


                                   


No comments:

Post a Comment