Friday 23 November 2012

Experimenting with a graphic tablet.

Recently I have started to use a graphic tablet. I am very used to traditional mediums so thought I could do with some experiments to see how I can exploit its use. So far I've used it for simple quick drawing so I thought I should try out more artistic uses.

My all time favorite artist is Francis Bacon. He has a very fluid style that I thought could only really be used in paint.


So...I've already tried his style out in acrylic paint using layer upon layers upon layers and it came out pretty cool.

Now I tried a quick 30min portrait in the same style a colour palett on a graphics tablet.


At the moment I don't think using a graphics tablet has as many range of techniques and freedom as paint but I probably just need a hell of a lot more practise. So from now on I will be using the tablet more and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment